Intertech is looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability;
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.);
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality;
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications;
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance;
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment;
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work;
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.);
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule;
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
Skills and qualifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field;
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position;
- Familiarity with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS;
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills;
- Great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication ability;
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills;
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks;
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles;
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
If you think you have the right skills and experience for this job don’t hesitate to send us your most updated CV to email@example.com. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for.