We’re looking for an experienced, motivated and innovative WordPress Developer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for all new WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, new feature development and the maintenance of the current cluster of sites.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins;
- Deliver quality work on projects on spec, on time and on budget;
- Design and implement new features and functionality;
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture;
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS;
- Help to formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugin;
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment;
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks;
- Report updates in our various communication channels;
- Establish best practices and eliminate inefficiencies throughout our technical workflows.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study;
At least 5 years of programming experience and expert knowledge of:
- WordPress (plugins, theme customizations, short codes, etc.);
- Front end development & basic design skills;
- Proficiency in English language;
- Ability to debug compatibility issues across browsers and devices; Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, iOS, Android;
- Comfortable digging into API’s like Google Maps, Twitter, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc. We use Google Maps and MailChimp heavily, you will too;
- General understanding of performance when it comes to code, plugins, and WordPress in general;
- Ability to debug code related issues and familiarity with digging into error logs for that sweet trace;
- Great organization skills with the ability to manage and bounce between multiple projects in a day;
- Highly self-directed, following directions directly from design and delivering pixel-perfect finished results;
- A natural-born communicator, connecting the dots when others cannot and simplifying complex issues and questions;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- A high level of intellectual curiosity;
- An agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge.
If you think you have the right skills and experience for this job don’t hesitate to send us your most updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for.